Fox’s “Idol” scored an 8.0 rating/2 share among adults 18-49 and 23.2 million viewers, according to preliminary Nielsen figures. Last night’s episode was down 6% from last week and down 12% from its comparable night last year, scoring its lowest-rated Tuesday performance telecast since August 2002 in the preliminary numbers. (Final National updates from Nielsen have “Idol” at an 8.2/23 in the demo, down only 4% from last week and matching its performance from two weeks ago.)
Fast overnight ratings from Marc Berman @ Mediaweek:
23.25 million viewers and an 8.0 rating/22 share.
23.48 million viewers and an 8.2 rating/23 share.
24.7 million viewers and a 9.0 rating/25 share.
Possibly Related Posts:
- American Idol Fan Groups Rally for Haiti
- Simon Fuller Loses 19 Entertainment
- American Idol Stars Good For Box Office
- Lackluster Start For Adam Lambert
- Blackballed? American Idol Is a Very Powerful Show